Monday, November 28, 2011

The Master and Margarita

I've finished reading The Master and Margarita and I have to say that it's quickly earned a place on my favorite books list. That being said I can't help but wonder about something. It's certainly clear that this is an Urban Fantasy novel but I've been wondering what place the story of Pontius Pilate has in the overall novel. I absolutely loved reading about Woland and all the crazy things that he caused to happen in Moscow. When the story shifted back to the story of Pontius Pilate, I felt like the book had been interrupted. To me, it doesn't seem like the story of Pilate fits into the Urban Fantasy genre. Of course we could say that without the side story, the Master would not have ended up in the psychiatric hospital and perhaps nor would Ivan Homeless. Still, it seemed like an interruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment